Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Have you ever thought about an oyster? What comes to your mind? Sea, pearl, shell?


There was once an oyster whose story I tell,

Who found that some sand had got into it's shell.

It was only a grain but it gave him great pain,

For oysters have feelings although they're so plain.

Now, did he berate the harsh workings of fate,

That had brought him to such a deplorable state?

Did he curse at the government, cry for election,

And claim that the sea should have given him protection?

No- he said to himself as he lay on a shell,

Since I cannot remove it, I shall try and improve it.

Now the years have rolled around, as the years always do,

And he comes to his ultimate, destiny-stew.

And the small grain of sand that had bothered him so,

Was a beautiful pearl all richly aglow.

Now the tale has a moral; for isn't it grand,

What an oyster can do with a morsel of sand?

What couldn't we do if we'd only begin,

With some of the things that get under our skin.

Hmmm... We all need that little boost at regular intervals to get back on track, don't we? To be reminded at times that you are completely capable of doing things... That you'll do just fine in life... That you're free to be what you want to be.. That you're beautiful...

I've been reading... Quite a lot actually... And the spectrum is so wide, that it leaves me pretty amazed and not to forget, perplexed...So many thoughts, so many opinions, my God! And people brimming with soooo much talent and creativity that you wonder what you're even doing amongst them...

Those are my 'chocolate moments' you know... When I'm just too stressed, worked up, tensed, angry, irritated... You get the mood I'm talking about right... Chocolate induces happiness they say... And I am an extremely loyal believer of it... Cause it always manages to get back that smile on my face... But then it's not any chocolate you know... I absolutely love the usual Twix, Mars, Bounty, Five star crunchy and the original Dairy milk... :) And one that I absolutely hate to the core is Snickers... I cannot stand it, I just cannot. Period.

My likes and dislikes are an endless list really... It can just go on and on forever... So I'll basically just stop here... After the oyster and chocolate talk... Though I'm not quite sure if they make the perfect combination to talk about... :) And get back to my Economics assignment and get ready to kickass this weekend for Article 19!

No comments: